Monday, April 16, 2012

Day 1

So today is day 1. We started the day with a typical breakfast of fried eggs over baby kale and a small side of sweet potato (a quarter of one). I had 4 eggs and about three-quarters of a container of baby kale, all cooked in a mixture of pasture raised ghee and coconut oil. I then did my Crossfit workout (D.T. was today's WOD, which I tackled at 95 lbs). My post WOD meal was 6 egg whites, hard boiled, and a sweet potato baked with cinnamon on top. For lunch I got creative. I diced up some baby carrots and cooked those in some coconut oil. Added some precooked chicken breast, broccoli, salt and pepper. Poured in some chicken broth, a couple of tablespoons of coconut milk and plenty of seasonings (curry powder, onion powder, garlic powder, more salt and pepper). It was quite delicious and certainly jazzed up an other wise boring chicken breast. So far, my energy levels are doing well. My head feels clear (aside from the cold I am battling). My only real change is I want to snack. I am not hungry, I just have a desire to snack. I frequently will mindlessly munch on things like chocolate chips (shame shame) and nuts or fruit, but with this Whole30 I am doing my best to be very mindful of every piece of food I put in my mouth. I want to reconnect with eating. I had a small snack between lunch and dinner of a salad with balsamic vinegar and olive oil and a few macadamia nuts (probably about 5). Then for dinner I had two grassfed bison burger patties (seasoned with sea salt, garlic powder, onion powder, balsamic vinegar, pepper and coconut aminos) with a side of oven roasted cauliflower and green beans (both roasted in pastured ghee and sea salt). After a long evening on my feet at the gym I came home and had a banana and about 5 macadamia nuts. I had a long day, I was exhausted at the end of it, but I still felt pretty darn good. My mood stayed stable and I was able to stay pretty focused even with a six month old grumping at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment